Bow Church -  The Moon Family Window

Image description

 

The Moon family owned North Hill Down, a farm in Bow from the end of the eighteenth century.

 

Hill Down is still very remote, down a lane just South of the church at Nymet Tracey.

 

This window in the North aisle is dedicated to the memory of Richard Moon (1785-1848) and his wife Mary (nee Kelland, 1784 – 1869) and their deceased children, Edmund, Hannah and Richard. (They had six children, but no grandchildren.)

 

The window was erected in about 1890 by their son John Moon (1817-1891) who was a tea dealer, grocer and wine merchant in Exeter. It is the work of Frederick Drake of the Exeter firm of Beer and Driffield.

 

Image description
Image description
Image description