The Pubs of Bow

Barnstaple Inn   (formerly Bow Inn)

Burston Inn*

Ebrington Arms

Globe Inn

Half Moon

King's Arms

Red Lyon/Lyon Inn

New Inn*       

Old Inn

Railway Inn        

Tradesman's Arms

White Hart

In "The Universal British Directory of Trade, Commerce, and Manufacture", published in 1791, apart from the Kings Arms, the Red Cow and the Fountain Inn are listed as in "Bowe".

(References to the "Lyon Inn" (1593) and "Red Lyon" (1707, 1731 and 1737).)

Around 1710 there are references to "Lower Inn" and "Queens Arms"


* Zeal Monachorum Parish