Back to Down St Mary.     Windows:  Jesse (Mary Thain) - Mrs Emily Radford - East End - Percival C Radford -

Image description

DOWN ST MARY CHURCH



 

WINDOW IN MEMORY OF THE FAMILY OF MARY HACCHE THAIN, SISTER OF REV W.T.A. RADFORD.

 

 

The East window of the Lady Chapel by Clayton and Bell (1876) depicts the Virgin Mary surrounded by the adoring Magi.



Mrs Thain donated £100 for its manufacture. It is in memory of her late husband and their five children who had died; their names are shown at the base.



Image description